Contacts application is the place where all the contact details are stored. Sometimes, the Contact list may get clustered. For this, you need to know how to manage and organize contacts effectively. You can create new connections, delete old ones, and customize contacts by adding a picture and a lot more.
For this article, we will focus on how to manage and set up Contact in iPhone and iPad.
Steps for adding contacts on iPhone and iPad
- Unlock your device and tap on Contacts. The icon of the app is a grey and white silhouette of a person’s upper body.
- When the Contacts application opens, hit the blue + icon located at the upper right-hand side.
- Now, in the upper portion of the screen, you can enter the first name, last name, and company.
- After entering all or any of the Contact details, hit the green addition symbol to add a phone number.
- Now, you can the contact’s label by tapping on home> located next to the number.
- Select any option from home, work, mobile, home fax, work fax, pager, and other.
- Enter any alternate contact number, email ID, website, residential address, etc.
- Hit the Done button located on the upper right-hand side of the screen.
Steps for editing contact information on iPhone and iPad
- Unlock the iOS device.
- Go to Utilities from the home screen.
- Tap on the Contacts app icon.
- Now, scroll the contacts or use the Search option located at the top to find the contact you wish to edit.
- Tap on the Contact.
- Hit the Edit button located at the upper right-hand edge of the screen.
- Now, just update the information like name, phone number, etc.
- Save the changes.
Steps for locating existing contacts on iPhone and iPad
- Open the Contacts application found in the Utilities.
- Press the Search box located at the upper side.
- Now, just type in the first name or last name of the contact. You can also type in the company name.
- If you cannot remember the entire name, you can just type in the initial few letters and scroll through the results to locate it.
- To look for the contact name by going to the letter, it starts with, tap on the letter.
Steps for adding a picture for a contact in iPad and iPhone
- Tap on the Photos application. Scroll through the images and tap on the one you wish to add to a contact.
- In the lower left-most side of the screen, tap on the Share button. Its icon is a quadrangle outline with an arrow.
- Open the sharing options.
- Select Assign to Contact located at the bottom.
- Just select the contact you would like to add the picture to.
- Move and scale the image as per your wish.
- Hit the choose button located at the lower right edge of the screen.
- Finally, click on the Update button located on the upper right-hand side.
Steps for deleting contacts on iPhone and iPad
- In the Contacts application, select the contact you wish to remove.
- When the Contact open, tap on the Edit option.
- Select Delete Contact. It is located at the lower end of the screen.
- To confirm the action, hit the Delete Contact button again.
Karen Minton is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.