Nowadays, most of us are using the VLC Media Player, as it is the best media player for Windows users who play all the major file formats. Still, there are few formats which VLC can’t run and from all one of them is UNDF format. The UNDF refers to the term undefined file format that simply means that the player is unable to define the format or recognize it. At times, users are trying to play a video file which is not completely downloaded; then you will receive a UNDF format error on your screen.
Causes of VLC Does Not Support UNDF Format Error
The main cause of this VLC does not support UDF format error is due to partial and incomplete of the file, which users are trying to run. And sometimes, occurs due to the corrupted files or some internal issues within the file. While the non-availability of suitable codes necessary to play the concerned files is might be a reason for VLC not capable to play files.
Below we discuss stepwise instruction which will help you in fixing this VLC Does Not Support UNDF Format.
Steps to Fix this VLC Does Not Support UNDF Format Error
One simple solution to fix this VLC does not support UNDF format error is you can try the latest VLC Player, which might rectify the error appears in the previous version. Otherwise, you can try the steps that are mentioned below. But before going through the process, we suggest you use these steps in a proper sequence so that you can easily be able to solve this error. Here how to fix it:
- Initially, install the latest version of VLC from the official website.
- Now, check if updating VLC helps you in fixing the issue, if not then continue with the steps.
- Next, download the Combined Community Codec Pack direct from its official website.
- After that, install the Combined Community Codec Pack.
- Now, run the file again in the VLC media player.
- Hopefully, UNDF file must be running in the VLC player properly without showing any error if not then follow the next step.
- Then, right-click on the file and choose option open with MPC-HC and this time you won’t get any error.
- Finally, enjoy playing your Video and Audio without any error.