At present, Malware is one of the gravest concerns among the Computer users. It makes one of the most significant damages in the cybersecurity world. It comes in many forms such as- trojans, horse, worms etc. No doubt, the removing of malware from the PC is not such an easy task. But you can do it with the help of Chrome Browser malware scanner and clean-up- tool.
We know that Google Chrome is one of the useful and popular web browsers and the number of people is using it. But some of the users are not aware from that it is providing some active and useful malware scanner. It will help you to remove any malware from your PC.
Google declared that this malware scanner would protect the user from any ransomware, hijackers and other cyber attacks. It will scan not only your browsing data but also your entire computer system for malware and other infected programs.
Steps to use Chrome Malware Scanner and cleanup Tool:-
Now we will discuss how to use these tools on the chrome browser.
- First of all, launch Google Chrome and enter the given address into the URL bar: chrome://settings/cleanup
- Now the scanning process will start.
- Alternatively, you can also use this path: Settings > Advanced Settings > Scroll down until you see Clean up computer under Reset and cleanup.
- After completing the scanning process, chrome will confirm you about the threats that are stored on your PC.
- If you find something, then you need to remove them first.
- If you see any malware after removing all of the malware, then you need to follow Reset settings option.
This reset option will reset your startup page, a new tab page, search engine and pinned tabs. It is also able to disable all of the extensions. It will also remove all of the temporary files or folders. But no need to worry your bookmarks, history and password will be saved on your PC.
Suggestion. If you did not find the Malware scanner on your PC, then you need to update your browser in a latest built. To do this, you can navigate to Menu > Help > About Google Chrome.
To use Chrome malware scanner, you need to cross-check the following:-
- You receive alerts about a virus or an infected device.
- The Chrome homepage keep changing without your permission.
- Your search engine has been changed without your knowledge
- The browsing is hijacked and redirects to unfamiliar pages or ads
- Any type of Pop-up ads and new tabs won’t go away
- Uninvited Chrome extensions or toolbars keep coming back