McAfee Antivirus is a famous software which provides a complete real-time protection to the computer. McAfee is an eminent brand which is known for its robust and efficient computer security software. However, certain errors may crop up from time to time while using McAfee software. Usually, these errors are easy to fix, however, some of these errors may need expert guidance. McAfee antivirus error code 3299 is a common run-time error. This error can occur due to a number of causes. Therefore, it is crucial to troubleshoot every potential cause of this error so that one can prevent the error from popping up again. Here are some ways to fix McAfee Antivirus Error 3299:
1- Repair the Windows Registry entries
Unless you are a tech expert, you should not edit the Windows registry entries on your own. People with advanced technical knowledge can edit the windows entries and remove the invalid error keys. The user should download and run a registry cleaner. The registry cleaner will find and repair all the invalid registry entries which may be causing Error 3299. Repairing the registry entries will also improve the speed and performance of the computer system.
2- Remove all the system Junk
Accumulated junk files may cause this common run-time error. Here are the steps to run Disk Cleanup:
- Click on the start button.
- Write command in the search box and press the combination of Ctrl+Shift+Enter keys.
- Click Yes in the permission dialog box window.
- Fill in “cleanmgr” in the black box and press enter.
- Check the Temporary files checkbox in the Disk Cleanup Dialog box.
- Click on OK.
3- Use Windows System Restore and Undo all the Recent Changes
With the help of Windows System Restore, you can undo all the recent changes and it may fix the error. Here is how you can conduct System Restore:
- Go to start.
- Write System Restore in the search box.
- Press enter.
- Select System Restore from the given results and click on it.
- If the prompt appears, type in the admin password.
- Select a restore point in the wizard,.
- Follow the on-screen steps.
- Click on Restore.
4- Remove and Reinstall the program causing error 3299
If the error code 3299 is causing because of a specific program then you should reinstall the McAfee related software. Follow these steps:
- Click on the Start button.
- Go to Programs and Features.
- Click on the Control Panel.
- Go to Programs.
- Click on Programs and Features.
- Find McAfee Error 3299 associated program such as McAfee antivirus below the Name tab.
- Click on the McAfee antivirus associated program.
- Click on the Uninstall button which will be on the top of the menu ribbon.
- Carefully follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process of uninstallation.
5- Update your Windows
Microsoft keeps adding new updates to windows. Therefore, error 3299 can be caused due to outdated Windows. Here are the steps to update Windows:
- Go to start.
- Write “Update” in the search box and press enter.
- Wait for the Windows Update dialog box to launch.
- Check whether any updates are available. If yes, then click on Install Updates.
- Wait for the updates to install.
- Restart the computer.
Following the steps mentioned above will help you troubleshoot error 3299. However, if the problem still persists then contact the McAfee Customer support by calling on McAfee customer support toll-free phone number. Go to www.mcafee.com/activate for the activation of McAfee security products. For more details visit Mcafee.com/activate.