Many users have reported that they come across the error code 12152 or 7305 while downloading and installing McAfee security product, so here the guide to help you with fixing error 12152or 7305. When download fails, it may show either of the following messages with an error 7305:
“Unable to Continue Installation”
We’re having trouble completing your McAfee software installation because of this error: 12152. (-OR-)
“Something went wrong with the Installation”
We’re having trouble completing your McAfee software. Here are some fixes you can try…
Cause of failed download and installation?
Disconnected McAfee download servers may be the probable cause of 12152 or 7305 error. Generally, you may have to wait a short while longer (about 15-30 minutes) and try again downloading the product to get succeed.
If you cannot download and install McAfee product after waiting for few minutes, there are few solutions you can go with:
- Either you can use our McAfee’s Virtual Assistant that will walk you through some troubleshooting steps.
- Or you can download and run the Pre-Install tool and McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool
Your computer will be still protected by the existing installed version when you are trying to upgrade your already installed McAfee software. Only new installations are affected by this issue.
How to download the Pre-Install tool?
Important Note: At the point of downloading the pre-install tool, save the file to a temporary location, like your desktop.
- On your desktop, double-click the Pre-Install_Tool.exe file, and abide by the prompts.
- Go through the warning message, and agree to the changes by clicking OK option.
- After the Pre-Install Tool completes, Click OK and then Close.
- Now restart your computer.
You need to wait a short while longer (about 15-30 minutes) after your computer restarts and then go for downloading and installing your McAfee product again. If you still encounter with a problem, follow the following steps:
McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool
Important Points to know:
- Before each use, always download a new copy of MCPR because doing so will ensure that you will have the latest version and the newer McAfee products can be successfully recognized.
- MCPR is not designed to clean up 100% of components and it will clean up only the components required for reinstallation.
- After completion of the above step, it requires a restart.
But before you start:
- Bookmark this article or take a print out of it so that it gets easy for you to get back to it.
- Save all open files.
- Close all programs.
How to download the MCPR tool?
- Double-click MCPR.exe.
- Click Yes, Continue, or Run (depending on your version of Windows) when you see a security warning.
- Click Next at the McAfee Software Removal screen.
- Accept the End User License Agreement (EULA) by clicking on agree button on the screen.
- Enter the characters exactly as shown at the Security Validation screen because validation is case-sensitive.
- Click Next and this step will prevent the accidental use of MCPR.
- You will see either of the following messages when the process is complete, click the one that you see:
- Removal Complete
- Cleanup Unsuccessful
Now you may try to install your McAfee product again and if you still face any problem with its installation, contact McAfee Technical Support team for on the go help.
Do you know Harry Pattinson, Harry Pattinson is a very creative person who has been doing the searching, study and writing the blogs and the articles on the recent technologies, solutions or errors and supports to make consciousness about these among the readers? His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines or social media network. Everyone knows about this creative person He has been writing about the latest updates regarding on How to Fix Error 12152 or 7305 in your computer device.